The fitness industry has left no stone unturned in coming up with new and unique workout routines to keep people engaged. Among these routines is the HIIT workout (High-Intensity Interval Training), which is gaining a lot of attention from various people. More and more people choose HIIT workout as their ideal type of workout, one of the main reasons being visible results. No one likes working out without any tangible results, and HIIT workout definitely delivers. However, since that surely cannot be it, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why HIIT workout is so popular lately:
- Efficient: A common concern experienced by many is that they don’t see enough results even after working out. HIIT workout is great in that sense; it burns a larger amount of calories in a small amount of time, completely maximising the effect of every second you spend workout out.
- Weight Loss: HIIT workout requires you to push your limits in terms of physical postures and strength. Both of these contribute to burning fat and helping you lose weight. This will help tone your body, especially in fat-depositing areas like the belly, thighs, etc.
- Better Organ Function: HIIT workout has many long term benefits like better oxygen consumption. Training for higher endurance and stamina encourages your organs to function better and process higher levels of oxygen, consequently increasing fresh oxygen supply to all your organs.
- Metabolism: One of the best ways to keep your metabolic rate high at all times is by engaging in a higher amount of physical activity. HIIT workout works excellent for this as it keeps your energy engaged even after you have stopped exercising, keeping your metabolic rate up and burning calories.
- Muscle Gain: If muscle gain is something you have always been interested in but gotten scared off by how intimidating weight lifting is, HIIT workout is perfect for you. Doing the right exercises will help you gain muscle in all the right places, although at a slower rate than weight lifting.
- No Equipment: A common rule all non-fitness experts seem to have accepted is that the involvement of equipment in your workout routine somehow defines its effectiveness. This is, of course, not at all true, and the HIIT workout proves it. With HIIT workout, you can gain effective and prominent results without any equipment at all. However, if you’re a beginner, taking guidance under a professional’s supervision will help.
- Live Longer: HIIT workouts have been found to have an impact on the reversion of cellular ageing. Due to the intensity levels of this workout, it is known to fight signs of ageing through higher production of proteins and engagement of muscles in activities. Not to mention, engaging in HIIT workout is known to give you a sense of mental satisfaction.
Taking into consideration the various reasons for the popularity of HIIT workout, you should get started right away if you haven’t already. Take guidance from the cult.fit’s expertly curated HIIT workout pack and take this important step towards a healthier future.